< Back to all recipes
- 350 g Perfetto Penne pasta
- 500 g 16 peeled and cleaned shrimp
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter and olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 250 g White mushrooms, sliced
- 3 capsicums, (red, yellow, green), thinly sliced
- 400 g fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- 3 C Chicken stock, low sodium
- ½ C Cream cheese
- ½ C Chredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Lime Sliced
- Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- 1.In a small bowl, combine the Cajun spices and mix well.
- 2.In another bowl, add the shrimp with half of the spice mix.
- 3.In a large deep skillet pan, heat butter and olive oil and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- 4.To the same pan, add some more olive oil, garlic, onion, mushrooms, capsicums, and the rest of the cajun spice mix.
- 5.Saute for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, and uncooked dry penne pasta.
- 6.Mix it well and simmer for 8-10 minutes on medium low, making sure to stir in between to avoid the pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- 7.One the pasta is al dente, add the cream cheese and mix through until the sauce thickens. Stir in the cheddar cheese and parsley, then add the cooked shrimp back to the pasta to reheat.
- 8.Serve hot with some lime wedges on the side.