< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 450gm Perfetto Pasta Vermicelli
- 2tbsp Butter
- 2 ½ C whole milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- ¼can condensed milk
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1tbs Pistachio
- 1.In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter. Add vermicelli and allow to brown. Add milk and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes
- 2.Add two heaping tbsp slowly into the egg while mixing it with a fork. This is to temper the eggs so it doesn’t scramble when added to the pot.
- 3.Next add egg mixture to pot while stirring to incorporate. Add vanilla, lemon juice and condensed milk, stir. Cook over low heat until thickened but not boiling. The texture should be similar to pudding.
- 4.Remove from heat and place into 4 small ramekins then allow to cool.
- 5.Add a thin layer of sugar over the top of each ramekin. Use a brulee torch to caramelize the top of the custard.
- 6.Add Pistachio for garnish.