< Back to all recipes
- 1 Pack Vermicelli Pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 C fresh cilantro and or Thai basil, chopped
- 1/4 C Thai red curry paste
- 2-3 C coconut milk
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- sliced lemon, mixed herbs for serving
- 1.Toss the chicken with turmeric, ginger, pinch of black pepper, soy sauce, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit for 5 min.
- 2.Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the chicken and stir, about 3 min. Add in the kale and cook for 2 mins. Transfer everything to a plate.
- 3.Add 2 tbsp. oil, shallots, garlic, ginger, and cilantro. Cook for 3 min. stir in curry paste. Cook about 2 min. Stir in 2 cups of coconut milk and fish sauce. Slide the chicken and bok choy back into the sauce. If you want more sauce, add the additional coconut milk...I always use 3 cups. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly, 5 minutes.
- 4.Cook vermicelli pasta according to pack directions.
- 5.Divide the pasta between bowls and add the chicken and sauce over. Top each bowl as desired with herbs, shallots, and lime juice.