< Back to all recipes
- 350 gm Low Carb High Protein Fusilli Pasta
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Basil leaves
- ¼ C yoghurt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside
- 2.Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil on top of pasta and make sure to coat all of the pasta with the olive oil.
- 3.The next step is to roast the beets along with the onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- 4.Toss the beetroot, garlic, tomatoes, and onions in a tablespoon of olive oil and salt and place it in the preheated oven.
- 5.Roast the beets in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- 6.Once done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- 7.Add the roasted beetroot to the mixer grinder, add the yoghurt, a teaspoon of olive oil, and about 1/2 cup of warm water and blend to make a smooth puree.
- 8.Heat a tsp of olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok, add the roasted beetroot pasta sauce, salt, crushed black pepper, red chilli powder and the cooked pasta and toss them both on high heat until the pasta is well coated with the sauce (about 3 to 4 minutes.)
- 9.Once tossed well, roughly tear the basil leaves and add it to the Fusilli Pasta Recipe in Roasted Beetroot. Check the salt and seasonings and adjust to suit your taste.