< Back to all recipes
- 1 box Perfetto Spaghetti
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, paste
- 1 ½ C heavy cooking cream (35% fat)
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, picked
- ¼ C fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp slivered pistachio, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200C
- 2.Wrap each zested lemon in parchment paper and foil, place in a small baking dish, then roast in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- 3.Once cooled, unwrap the lemons, slice in half and scoop out all the roasted pulp into a small dish. Remove any seeds.
- 4.In a skillet over medium heat, add butter, garlic, and thyme and cook until fragrant
- 5.Whisk in the heavy cream slowly and bring to a gentle simmer
- 6.In a large pot, boil the spaghetti with salt until al dente, and keep one cup of pasta water aside.
- 7.Using tongs, transfer the spaghetti straight from the pot into the pan, and mix well with the cream sauce. Then add the parmesan cheese and parsley and toss together. If you want more sauce, add some of the pasta water.
- 8.Turn the heat off, then add the roasted lemon pulp, lemon zest, parsley, and black pepper and gently mix. Don’t over mix to avoid curdling the white sauce.
- 9.Transfer the spaghetti to a platter, top with crunchy pistachios and serve immediately.