< Back to all recipes
- 1 C Perfetto spaghetti
- ½ C milk
- ½ C Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated
- ½ C provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- 1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2.Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until very al dente, about 7 minutes. (It should be a minute or so shy of truly al dente pasta. Drain the pasta and let it cool slightly.)
- 3.In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in about half of each type of cheese. Add the spaghetti and toss it to combine well and coat the pasta.
- 4.Preheat the waffle iron on medium.
- 5.Fill the waffle iron with the spaghetti mixture, overstuffing it a bit.
- 6.Close the lid and press down to compress the mixture slightly inside the waffle iron. (Take care if your waffle iron is hot to the touch.)
- 7.Waffle for about 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Top with a sprinkling of the remaining cheeses and close the waffle iron again for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- 8.Remove the spaghetti from the waffle iron. You can place it on a baking sheet under the broiler for a minute for extra crispness if desired.
- 9.Repeat Steps 5 through 8 with remaining spaghetti. If not enough remains to fill the entire waffle iron, it's better to overstuff part of the waffle iron than to cover the whole waffle iron with just a thin layer.
- 10.Serve with tomato sauce.