< Back to all recipes
- 1 Pack Perfetto Quick Macaroni
- 25 pieces Spring Roll wrappers
- 4 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/3 C all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ C milk
- 2 ½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 1.Cook Perfetto Quick Macaroni according to pack instructions.
- 2.melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted and started to bubble, whisk in the flour, cook for 1 1/2 minutes whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk until no lumps remain.
- 3.Reduce the heat to low-medium and cook milk mixture whisking constantly until it thickens and bubbles, 5-7 minutes.
- 4.Remove sauce pan from heat and stir in the cheese by the handful, stirring each addition until blended. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- 5.Return the sauce to the low heat and mix in the pasta until well coated.
- 6.Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat work surface. Brush the edges with egg mixture.
- 7.With a small ice cream scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mac cheese onto the bottom third of the wrapper and in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the two edges until they meet in the middle. Roll tight and pull as you roll.
- 8.Place on a baking sheet and dust with flour to keep from sticking. The spring roll can be frozen at this point.
- 9.Partially defrost before frying or baking, 10-15 minutes.
- 10.Deep fry in oil deep enough to cover the spring roll for 4-5 minutes until the shell is golden brown.
- 11.Serve with Marinara sauce or Ranch dressing.