< Back to all recipes
- 1 pack Perfetto conchiglie pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 C canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ C heavy cream
- 1 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 12 strips of pastry dough
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ C Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- ½ C parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced for garnish
- Muffin tin
- 1.boil Perfetto conchiglie pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add onion, garlic, bell peppers, salt, and tomato paste. Mix together with the pasta and sauté.
- 3.Add canned tomatoes and dried oregano. Stir together and add heavy cream. Then, add the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella, combine well.
- 4.Flip the muffin tin upside down. On each muffin tin cup (6 total), wrap the pastry dough around to form a cone. Start from the bottom and wrap until the top is completed covered. Refrigerate.
- 5.Once the dough has hardened, remove from fridge. Then, remove each dough cup from the muffin tin.
- 6.In a medium saucepan, fill halfway with vegetable oil and heat for frying.
- 7.Add dough cup, one at a time, to the oil and fry until golden brown. Be careful of the hot oil splashing and remove each cup with a metal or mesh skimmer.
- 8.Fill each with pasta mixture. Top off with fresh parsley and garlic, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
- 9.Plate, and serve.