< Back to all recipes
- 400 gm Perfetto Pennettine Rigati organic whole durum wheat Pasta
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Red Chili Flakes
- ½ C Black & Green chopped Olives
- 1 tbsp Red Grape Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Mint Leaves for garnishing
- Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
- 1.Boil the pasta according to package direction to al dente. Reserve half cup of cooking water then drain well and set aside.
- 2.Heat the oil in a frying nonstick pan over medium heat then sauté the sliced onions to golden color while stirring occasionally.
- 3.Sprinkle sugar over the onions and keep cooking for 30 minutes over medium low heat.
- 4.When onion is caramelized add the chili flakes, olives, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes.
- 5.Add the vinegar, reserved pasta cooking water and the cooked pasta and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 6.Transfer to the serving plate and garnish with mint leaves and parmesan and enjoy!