< Back to all recipes
- 1 pack Low carb high protien Fussili Pasta
- 1 pound turkey
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 1 Bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 C water
- 1 C milk
- 1 Can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: avocado, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno
- 1.In large saute pan with a cover, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, and peppers and cook until turkey is browned and cooked through and onions are translucent, breaking up turkey as it cooks.
- 2.Add tomato paste, flour, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Keep stirring until tomato paste coats all the meat. Make sure to keep stirring so the tomato paste does not burn.
- 3.Add water, milk, and tomatoes and bring to nearly a boil.
- 4.Add pasta, stir, reduce heat to medium, and cook with cover on for 8-10 minutes (use pasta directions as a guide) or until al dente, stirring occasionally to make sure pasta gets cooked evenly.
- 5.Reduce heat to low and add black beans and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 6.Serve immediately topped with any taco garnishes.