< Back to all recipes
- 200 gm Perfetto Elbow Rigati Pasta
- 150 gm Pepperoni
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 150 gm Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ready Pizza Sauce
- 1 C Tomato Puree
- 400 gm Crushed Tomato
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano, chopped
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1½ C Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves for garnishing
- 1.Keep 10 pepperoni slices aside and cut the remaining slices in half.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a large deep pan over high heat then add onion, mushroom, bell pepper and halved pepperoni and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables start to be golden.
- 3.Add the ready pizza sauce and stir well to combine.
- 4.Add tomato puree, crushed tomato and chicken broth and keep to simmer for few minutes.
- 5.Add in the dry pasta and fresh oregano, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- 6.Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low and let cook for 15 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- 7.Uncover and keep cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes until mixture thickens and pasta is tender and cooked perfectly.
- 8.Preheat grill on high. Sprinkle the pasta with mozzarella cheese and top it with reserved pepperoni slices.
- 9.Grill for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is golden. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve warm.