< Back to all recipes
- 1 Pack Penne Lisce Pasta
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Can cannellini beans
- 1 lemon
- 4 1/2 C water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- Red pepper flakes, for sprinkling
- 1.Strip the leaves from 1 bunch kale, then tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large, straight-sided skillet.
- 2.Drain and rinse 1 can cannellini beans and add to the skillet.
- 3.Finely grate the zest from 1 large lemon into the skillet (reserve the zested lemon)
- 4.Add water, Pasta, olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- 5.Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil, turning the pasta frequently with tongs, for 5 minutes.
- 6.Add 1 pound raw shrimp and cook until the pasta is al dente, the liquid has nearly evaporated, and shrimp are opaque, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- 7.Remove from the heat, halve the lemon, squeeze the juice over the pasta, and toss to combine.
- 8.Taste and season with more salt as needed.
- 9.Top with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.