< Back to all recipes
- 1 C Perfetto Nocciole Pasta
- 450 gm Italian beef sausage, casing removed
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 3 celery, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 C tomato sauce
- 3 C chicken stock + 1 cup water
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 leaves rosemary, minced finely
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ C fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ C parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.In a small pot, cook the Nocciole pasta to al dente, drain and set aside.
- 2.In a medium pot, heat some olive oil and saute the onions with the sausage until browned.
- 3.Then add the carrots, celery, garlic and spices, and cook until softened.
- 4.Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth and water, then bring to a boil.
- 5.Then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- 6.Taste the soup for seasoning, add salt, pepper, and a touch of sugar if needed. Then add the pasta and the beans to the soup. Cook for 3-4 more minutes, then stir in the parsley.
- 7.Serve the soup hot with grated Parmesan on top.