< Back to all recipes
- 1 Pack of Perfetto Quick Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Milk, warmed plus 2 tablespoons for egg wash
- 500 g Grated Cheddar
- 500 g Grated Gouda
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 cups Bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Marinara, Alfredo sauce, chili flakes or Arabic red chili paste
- 1.Cook the Perfetto Quick Macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again and set aside
- 2.In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat
- 3.Sprinkle the flour into the butter and stir it with a whisk. Cook for 2 minutes. Whisk the warmed milk into the flour mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes
- 4.Remove from the heat, add the cheeses, and stir until melted and smooth
- 5.Season with salt and pepper to taste
- 6.Pour the above cheese sauce into the Perfetto Quick Macaroni. Pour the mixed cheese and Quick Macaroni into a shallow bowl and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- 7.Shape the cold mac and cheese into meatball-sized balls and place them onto a waxed paper-lined tray. Freeze the balls overnight.
- 8.Beat the eggs and 2 tablespoons milk together to form an egg mix and pour it into a shallow bowl
- 9.Put the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl
- 10.Remove the mac and cheese balls from the freezer
- 11.Dip the frozen balls into the egg mix then into the breadcrumbs.
- 12.Put the balls back into the freezer until you are ready to fry
- 13.Heat the oil in deep frying pan. Fry the mac and cheese balls until they are golden brown and center is hot, about 5 minutes.
- 14.Plating tips: Serve hot with your favorite Marinara, Alfredo sauce or combination or both for dipping. Or opt for a more oriental taste you can sprinkle chili flakes or serve with the Arabic spicy paste