< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 65 minutes
- 2/3C Perfetto Elbow Rigati Pasta
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1can diced tomatoes
- 450g brown lentils
- 11C chicken broth
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1C shredded Parmesan
- 1.In a large pot over medium heat; add oil, then add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- 2.Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add the broth and stir. Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3.Stir in the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4.Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.