< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 250gm Quick Macaroni
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1tsp Ginger, grated
- 200gm Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1tbsp Tomato Paste
- 200gm Dry Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 10C Vegetable Broth
- 1tsp Red chili Flakes
- ½tsp Oregano
- ¼tsp Curry Powder
- ¼tsp Black Pepper
- ¼tsp Kosher Salt
- 1tsp Lemon Juice
- tsp Crusty Bread for serving
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- 1.Boil the pasta as written on the package, drain well and keep aside.
- 2.Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened and lightly golden.
- 3.Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, ginger, carrots and bay leaves, reduce heat to low, and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- 4.Add the lentils, vegetable broth, oregano, curry powder, black pepper and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- 5.Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Continue cooking, uncovered, until the lentils are tender.
- 6.Add the cooked pasta and turn off the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and salt, cover the pot and leave for 5 minutes aside.
- 7.Sprinkle the fresh parsley on top and serve alongside crusty bread.