< Back to all recipes
- 250 gm Quick Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 200 gm Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 200 gm Dry Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 10 C Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Red chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Curry Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- tsp Crusty Bread for serving
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- 1.Boil the pasta as written on the package, drain well and keep aside.
- 2.Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened and lightly golden.
- 3.Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, ginger, carrots and bay leaves, reduce heat to low, and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- 4.Add the lentils, vegetable broth, oregano, curry powder, black pepper and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- 5.Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Continue cooking, uncovered, until the lentils are tender.
- 6.Add the cooked pasta and turn off the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and salt, cover the pot and leave for 5 minutes aside.
- 7.Sprinkle the fresh parsley on top and serve alongside crusty bread.