< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1½C Penne Rigati Perfetto Gluten Free Pasta
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 425gm Diced Tomatoes
- 425ml Vegetable Broth
- 2cans Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1tsp Dried Thyme
- 1tsp Dried Basil
- ½tsp Dried Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼C Parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for serving
- 1.Boil the pasta as written on the pack to al dente, drain well and set aside.
- 2.In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the bay leaves.
- 3.Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and beans. Season withal the spices and salt and black pepper. Let simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- 4.Add in the cooked pasta and keep boiling for 3-4 minutes more.
- 5.Stir in the parsley. Remove the bay leaves.
- 6.Spoon into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.