< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 350g Perfetto Low Carb Fusilli Pasta
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- ½C packed fresh basil leaves, plus a few sprigs, for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 ½ cups chopped raw broccoli florets and tender stems
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spread the nuts out on a small baking pan and toast lightly, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2.In the food processor, blend ¼ cup of the walnuts and the garlic; add the broccoli, basil, broth, nutmeg, ¾ teaspoon salt and the lemon juice, and pulse until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the oil through the feed tube with the processor running and puree until a slightly chunky sauce forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add 2 tablespoons of the cheese and pulse until incorporated.
- 3.Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- 4.In a mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the pesto, along with some of the reserved cooking liquid. Add the remaining cooking liquid if needed and additional salt to taste.
- 5.Transfer the pasta to serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Chop the remaining walnuts and scatter on top. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.