< Back to all recipes
- 300 gm Perfetto Elbow Rigati Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 100 gm baby carrots, halved and sliced into half-moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 450 gm chicken breasts, small cubes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ c flour
- 4 C chicken stock
- 1 C cooking cream
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 50 gm fresh baby spinach
- 1.Cook the pasta as written on pack to al dente, drain well and set aside.
- 2.I1. n a large pot over medium-high heat, add butter and let it melt. Add onion and carrots. Cook the vegetables until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3.Then add the chicken cubes, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Cook just to get a little color on the chicken, stirring occasionally.
- 4.Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and veggies, stir to coat everything and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5.Stir in chicken stock, cooking cream and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking until the soup thickens, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6.Add cooked pasta to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7.Remove the pot from the heat and sprinkle a handful of parmesan cheese over the soup and stir, once it has melted add another handful and so on until all cheese is in.
- 8.Add fresh baby spinach and stir then pour into soup bowls, garnish with more red pepper flakes and serve.