< Back to all recipes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- 12Tubes Perfetto Cannelloni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1C shredded Monterey and Cheddar cheese blend
- 1C red kidney beans
- 120g cream cheese
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2C Good-quality tomato sauce
- 2C Cooking cream
- 200g Parmesan, finely grated
- 200g good-quality mozzarella cheese
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- 2.Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, green onions and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3.In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, red kidney beans, cream cheese, sautéed mixture and hot sauce together.
- 4.Prepare a baking dish or roasting pan (the right size for fitting the cannelloni tubes) and pour in the tomato sauce with a pinch of salt.
- 5.For the white sauce, in a medium sauce pan on medium heat mix the cooking cream with half the Parmesan and sprinkle some salt and pepper and leave for 5 minutes while stirring.
- 6.Using a teaspoon, fill the cannelloni tubes with the chicken mixture- and place them in a single layer on top of the tomato sauce. Spoon the white sauce evenly over the top. Season with black pepper, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and tear over the mozzarella.
- 7.Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbling on top.