< Back to all recipes
- 1 Pack Fischioni Rigati Pasta
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1/4 C vinegar
- 1 small shallot, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 C fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 C oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil, drained and chopped
- 4 Ounces spicy salami, thinly sliced
- 8 Ounces fresh mozzarella or buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 1-2 C baby arugula
- 1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- 2.Meanwhile, to a large serving bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, the shallot, thyme, lemon zest, parmesan, pine nuts (if using), and a pinch each of crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add half the basil and the hot pasta and toss vigorously to combine.
- 3.Add the bell peppers, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, salami, mozzarella, and half the arugula, tossing to combine. At this point, the salad can be served warm (my preference) or cooled and kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- 4.To serve, bring the pasta to room temp. Top with the remaining arugula and basil. Season with freshly cracked pepper and salt. Enjoy!