< Back to all recipes
- 300 gm American Style Lasagna Pasta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500 gm beef minced
- 5 tbsp Tomato paste
- 800 gm canned tomatoes
- 2 C chicken stock
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 400 gm Bechamel sauce
- 125gm Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 1.Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion, carrot and garlic, cook until soft. Then, add beef mince, cook until brown.
- 2.Stir the mix in tomato paste, canned tomatoes and chicken stock. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- 3.Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the baking pan with olive oil. Add a layer of American style Lasagna sheets and then alternate layers of lasagna, meat and bechamel sauces, ending with a bechamel sauce layer on the top. (For 4 layers)
- 4.Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese, bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.