< Back to all recipes
- 20 pcs Perfetto Conchiglioni Pasta Shells
- Olive oil tbsp 1
- yellow onion, finely diced 1
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ chili flakes
- 250 gm mushrooms
- 250 gm baby spinach
- 250 gm ricotta cheese
- ½ C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ C prepared bechamel sauce
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 3 C prepared marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180C with a rack in the center.
- 2.In a large pot, bring water to a boil with salt and a touch of oil. Cook pasta shells according to package instructions, and drain. Arrange them over a large baking sheet and keep aside.
- 3.In a large oven-proof skillet pan, add olive oil and onion. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant and softened.
- 4.Add the mushrooms and half the amount of garlic, chilli flakes, oregano, and basil. Cook for 5 minutes until browned. Then add the spinach, and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, remove the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- 5.To the same pan, add a bit more olive oil, the rest of garlic, and marinara sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Reserve a cup of sauce for later.
- 6.In a large mixing bowl, stir in ricotta, half of the bechamel, half of mozzarella, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the cooled spinach and mushroom mixture and mix well.
- 7.Fill each pasta shell generously with the cheese mixture, and place on top of the marina sauce in a circular pattern.
- 8.Spoon over the rest of the tomato sauce and bechamel, sprinkle over the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- 9.Cover with a lid or foil, and bake for 30 min until hot and bubbly. Uncover and broil until the cheese is lightly golden.
- 10.Garnish the pasta shells with fresh basil and serve.