Pennettine Rigati Pasta
Pennettine Rigati is a traditional Italian pasta loved by the entire family. It is incredibly versatile and can be used in everything from pasta salads to casseroles, to soups or even the more classic of Italian dishes.
Pasta Shape: Pennettine Rigati Pasta
Type: Short Cuts
Per 100 gm
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 360g Perfetto Pennettine Rigate Pasta
- 250g dry chickpeas
- 150ml tomato sauce
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 100g pearl onions, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh chili, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped marjoram
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1.Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Cook in water until tender. Chop the garlic coarsely.
- 2.Heat the oil in a large pan, add garlic, onions, chili, bay leaf and, after 2 minutes, tomato sauce. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, add the drained chickpeas and cook for another 15 minutes.
- 3.Cook the Pennettine Rigate Pasta in salted water following the package cooking time, drain and pour into the pan together with the chickpeas sauce.
- 4.Cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Garnish with parsley and parmesan before serving