Penne Lisce Pasta
Penne Lisce is a smooth medium sized cylinder-shaped pasta, cut diagonally at both ends. The tube-like shape is perfect for scooping pasta sauce and works wonderfully in almost every dish. Traditionally, penne lisce is cooked al dente.
Pasta Shape: Penne Lisce Pasta
Type: Short Cuts
Per 100 gm
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 360g Perfetto Penne Lisce Pasta
- 2 medium size eggplants
- g 500 peeled tomatoes
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g grated sheep cheese (pecorino)
- to taste Fresh basil leaves
- to taste Oil to fry
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1.Clean and slice the eggplants. Fry them in oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- 2.Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add minced garlic and peeled tomatoes. Let cook covered for 15 minutes.
- 3.Cook the Penne Lisce Pasta in salted water following the package cooking time, drain and pour into the pan together with the Tomato sauce. Add the fried eggplants.
- 4.Cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle with sheep cheese and basil leaves before serving