Conchiglioni is commonly known as shell pasta. It is Egg-free and made from 100% durum wheat pasta. It’s an ideal pasta for stuffing with your favorite fillings. It can be baked or cooked, and stuffed with various fillings, such as meat or cheese and compliments well with smothered tomato sauce too. It’s the perfect shape to use when you are craving an Italian comfort food!
- 100 gm Perfetto Conchiglioni pasta
- 300 gm Diced tomatoes
- 300 gm Chopped onions
- 150 gm Diced red bell pepper
- 6 gm Minced garlic
- 4 gm Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 gm Oregano
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- ¼ C lemon
- Basil leaves for garnishing
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 1.Cook Perfetto Conchiglioni pasta in salted water with a spoon of olive oil according to the packaging cooking time, and drain it.
- 2.Add olive oil, onion and garlic to the pan over medium heat and stir for 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3.Add red, yellow and orange bell pepper and stir for 3 minutes, then add the tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper, simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat until it thickens.
- 4.Add a little of the mix on the serving plate, then stuff the shells with the mix, finally place them on the serving plate.
- 5.Add parmesan cheese on the stuffed shells and garnish the plate with basil leaves.
- 6.After stuffing, Place dish in the oven following the instructions.