Pasta is one of the most famous and popular dishes in the world. It is very easy to prepare, and very versatile in terms of flavors and combinations, such as fettuccini with shrimp, penne with bolognaise, or chicken lasagna. Each recipe takes a different amount of time to prepare, depending on its ingredients.
Pasta dishes are very widespread, and loved by all. However, not many are able to cook them at home, and might get confused while preparing them. Should pasta be soaked in cold water? Or should it be added to boiling water? Should oil be added before or after boiling? Should the pasta be drained straight after boiling or should it be kept water until used? Should it be cooked on high or medium heat? When should the spices be added? There are many questions of this sort.
For a successful pasta dish, use 2 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt for each cup of pasta. Add to a deep pot on high heat, and don’t cover to avoid overcooking. Stir occasionally, and keep it on high heat until it’s cooked. To avoid the pasta sticking or getting mushy, you can add a teaspoon of oil to the pasta before or after boiling it, but not during the cooking time. You can also mix in the spices, such as black pepper, making it easier to combine the flavors. That way, you’ll enjoy a great dish, simply and quickly.
If you’re a fan of Perfetto Elbow Rigate pasta, here’s a full-proof recipe for a delicious dish.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 250 g of Perfetto Elbow Rigate
- 1 kg of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cook the Perfetto Elbow Rigate pasta as per the instructions on the package. Drain it and wash it in cold water to avoid it getting doughy. Drain it again and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place a layer of parchment paper on a baking tray, and divide the Parmesan cheese into 2 halves, and use one half to shape a disc on the baking tray, then bake in the oven for 5 minutes, until melted and golden.
- Take the cheese out of the oven, and as soon as you do, use a spatula to lift the disc off of the parchment. Use a turned over bowl to mold the disc, by placing it on the bowl and pressing it down. Leave it to cool.
- Add olive oil to the pasta with a bit of the pasta water, the remaining cheese and the black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the pasta into the Parmesan bowl and garnish with more cheese and black pepper.
Our advice to you is to avoid complicated and time-consuming recipes. Choose instead simple and quick recipes. For more of those, visit Perfetto’s website to find all kinds of recipes. And don’t forget to share your comments and reviews on our social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.