Usually, people eat pasta with traditional ingredients and popular pairings that are already well established and loved. Those pairings comprise of different sauces and specific vegetables in order to create outstanding pasta recipes. Some pasta dishes have become classics, and when people try to innovate the recipes, it is usually frowned upon, as people tend to prefer sticking to the known and loved, however, have you ever wondered what a little innovation and creative ingenuity could bring to pasta dishes?
Have you ever thought of using fruit in your pasta dishes? No? Well, Perfetto can tell you that using fruit with your pasta will result in delicious and nutritious pasta dishes that the whole family can enjoy - especially when using our new 100% Organic durum wheat pasta range for cooking. Conventionally, people almost always associate fruit with ingredients for dessert. That is the first thing that comes to mind. Fruit can be used in all kinds of dishes, including savoury. There are many different properties and characteristics found in fruits, which can make for a versatile ingredient suited to many different cooking uses. Various fruits like strawberries, pineapple, apple, and mango are used in savoury dishes and truly taste delicious.
We bring you a delicious 100% Organic durum wheat pasta salad recipe that uses fruit to bring a fresh take on cooking this Spring – it is delicious and wholesome.
Strawberry Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad
- 4 C Perfetto Organic Pennettine Rigati pasta
- 1 C cooked & seasoned, diced chicken
- 2 C packed baby spinach leaves
- 1½ C sliced strawberries
- ½ C chopped pecans
- 1 bottle Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1/3 C cooking cream
- In a medium bowl combine the cream and Raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Whisk together until combined. Cover and set in refrigerator.
- In a large pot of water boil penne pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain water then run under cold water to cool pasta. Place drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked diced chicken, spinach leaves, sliced strawberries and pecans to pasta. Pour in desired amount of dressing. Gently toss to combine everything.
- Serve immediately or let chill in fridge for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!