If you are a pasta lover then you would know that a good sauce can bring the entire dish together. A good restaurant style pasta sauce can be made effectively at home, which will help you elevate your cooking and give your pasta dishes the edge amongst your family and friends. Perfetto pasta brings you three tips to polish your sauces and take them to the next level.
To make a good restaurant style sauce:
- Use tomatoes that are from the can, not fresh tomatoes. It has a more acidic taste and gives tartness to the sauce that is usually found in restaurant sauces.
- Use fresh herbs, for example, use fresh basil instead of dried basil. It gives off a lovely aroma and if used as a garnish, gives off a gourmet restaurant dish aesthetic
- Use excellent quality extra virgin olive oil to make your pasta sauce, it gives a restaurant style look & feel, and elevates the taste just as found in good quality Italian restaurants. A quality extra virgin olive oil makes all the difference.
Also, something that we don’t usually do is, save the pasta water that you use to boil the pasta in. Use some of this in your pasta sauce to give it a smooth texture making the taste more distinguished & delicious. So, next time you make a pasta sauce, use Perfetto’s tips and make your pasta sauce restaurant quality. Don’t forget to pair your pasta sauce with our new 100% Organic whole durum wheat pasta to give yourself a delicious and nutritious pasta meal for anytime or the day or occasion!
Here are recipes for two sauces that you can make and combine with Perfetto organic pasta range to make delicious pasta dishes for yourself and your family.
Spicy Pesto Pasta Sauce
- 50g pine nuts
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
- 1 green chilli sliced and deseeded
- 50g parmesan
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally. Put into a food processor with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, then season.
- Pour the pesto into a jar and cover with a little extra oil, then seal and store in the fridge. It will keep in a fridge for up to two weeks.
Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook on a low heat until soft. Add the garlic and tomato purée. Cook for a few minutes then add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and oregano. Season generously and simmer for 20 mins, then allow to cool.
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge for up to 1 week, or transfer to a container and freeze for up to 2 months.