Being vegetarian is increasingly a lifestyle chosen by many. Whether for health or environmental reasons many people are happy to cut meat out of their diet.
Of course, meat contains a lot of protein so the best option is to choose protein-rich dishes as it is necessary for muscle growth. Nuts, nut butters, soy foods, legumes.
Fortunately, Perfetto have taken vegetarians into consideration and have devised Low Carb High Protein Fusilli Pasta and Spaghetti Low Carb High Protein Pasta. This means vegetarians can enjoy delicious pasta dishes safe in the knowledge that they are boosting their protein intake. Try these two delicious recipes:
Sundried tomatoes with pasta
- 280 grams of Perfetto Low Carb High Protein Fusilli Pasta
- 85 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- Add salt to boiling water.
- Add Perfetto low crab high Protein fusilli pasta and cook according to instructions.
- Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic in a food processor or blender until it has a pesto-like consistency.
- Add some hot pasta water if it is too thick.
- Add the drained pasta back to the pot you cooked it in and add pesto.
- Toss and season with a bit more olive oil.
- Serve warm with more fresh basil.
Baked Pasta with Veggies
- 250 g Perfetto Penne Lisce Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 200 g Mushroom, sliced
- 1 small Zucchini, diced
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 C Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ C Bread Crumb
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- Boil pasta as written on the pack to al dente, drain well and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees.
- In a pan heat olive oil and sauté the onions to translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sliced mushroom and cook to soften and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper. Mix everything well and cook for a minute.
- In a big mixing bowl add Pasta, vegetable mixture, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, chili flakes, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a baking dish, pour half of the mixture.
- Spread rest of the Pasta mixture.
- In another bowl mix together bread crumbs, Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top. Cover tightly in an aluminium foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncover and bake for 10 minutes more and serve.