Pasta is very popular amongst children due to its different shapes and sizes, its delicious taste, its digestive easiness and diverse flavors. It is a great meal option for fussy, picky eaters. Children like to eat foods that they are accustomed to, and it is rare that a child will like a new food once it is introduced, which makes establishing healthy eating habits a challenge. However, pasta seldom fails at satisfying your little ones’ taste buds.
Are you worried that your child is not getting enough nutrients?
If your children like pasta, there’s no need for you to worry. It provides them with iron, vitamins and magnesium, and very little saturated fats.
As moms, we try our best to make sure our children receive their 5 a day. What’s great about pasta is that it is a vehicle for other healthy ingredients such as vegetables and good fats. Adding vegetables to your child’s pasta dish will make it easier for her to accept them, so she ends up benefiting from their high nutritional value.
Additionally, a great way to make sure your child is receiving the required amount of protein is to add minced chicken or meat to her pasta dish, or even fish or pulses.
Pasta is a dish you can serve to your children every day without worry, just make sure to cook it according to the instructions and to add nutrient-dense and eye-catching ingredients to it, and your child will receive a meal complete with all required nutrients. Below are 2 recipes we’ve picked out for you:
Recipe 1: Veggie Mac n’ Cheese
A brilliant way to add vegetables to your child’s plate!
- ½ cup of Eliche Pasta
- 1 tbsp. of peas
- 1 tbsp. of corn
- 1 tbsp. of grated carrot
- 1 tbsp. of chopped zucchini
- 1 tbsp. of cooking cream
- 2 tbsp. of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the Macaroni according to the instructions on the package
- Boil the vegetables until cooked through
- Drain the pasta and add the vegetables
- Add the cooking cream and Parmesan cheese, and place on medium-low heat till the cheese melts.
Recipe 2: Mac n’ Cheese
Will certainly have your child asking for more!
- 1 cup of Perfetto Pasta Quick Macaroni
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm milk
- 500g grated cheddar
- 500g grated Gouda
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and wash with cold water to keep it from sticking. Drain it again and set it aside.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and mix for 2 minutes, then add the warm milk and keep whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the grated cheeses while stirring until completely melted.
- Season to taste then add the pasta and mix, then serve.