Generally speaking, seafood is something that is considered as extremely healthy and millions of people around the world take seafood as a healthy source of protein and include it in their daily diet, to have and achieve balanced nutrition. While some individuals of the population are allergic to seafood and suffer from shellfish allergy, many out there enjoy delicacies made with seafood every single day.
We at Perfetto pasta think that pairing seafood with pasta is a fantastic idea and there are several reasons why you should be adding more seafood into your pasta diet, especially when made with Perfetto pasta!
Seafood is low in calories, it is a good source of protein too, and contains less fat compared to other meats. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and also low in cholesterol.
Perfetto’s organic whole durum wheat Pasta is a treat with seafood, because of its own nutrition packed benefits enriching your seafood meal experience. Perfetto’s organic pasta, is high in fibre, and is produced from the finest organically grown durum wheat semolina. It is the perfect partner to seafood for your delicious seafood delicacies – that combine health and taste two-in-one!
We bring you some delightful recipes to try and make at home using seafood and Perfetto’s organic pasta, do try and let us know how you liked them on our social media platforms.
Easy 15 Minute Organic Seafood Pasta:
- 1 Pack Organic Whole Durum Wheat Pennettine Rigati Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1l chicken stock
- 1 pack frozen seafood mix, defrosted and thawed
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges for Garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft. Add the paprika, tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, stir in the Perfetto organic pasta and cook according to package instructions. Stir in the seafood, cook for 3 mins more until it is all heated through and the pasta is cooked, then season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Bang Bang Organic Pasta:
- 1 pack Spaghetti Organic Whole Durum Wheat Pasta
- 250g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp chilli infused olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 Juice lime
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook Perfetto organic pasta according to package instructions; and drain well.
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, 3 cloves garlic, lime juice, Sriracha and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with non-stick spray.
- Place shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, and mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil.