Although a traditional Italian dish, pasta has become immensely popular the world over and it’s now an international favorite! Its versatility means it’s a great addition to any meal and it’s ideal for party menus as well!
Perfetto Pasta comes in many shapes and sizes including Penne, Spaghetti, Eliche, Conchiglie and Vermicelli. These varieties can be used in countless recipes but initially they all have to be cooked in boiling salted water – you can also add bay leaves for extra taste. The pasta is cooked for a given amount of time and drained, then you can add any ingredients you like to make a delicious dish, such as vegetables, cheese, sausages, tuna and tomato sauce - the list is endless!
Tomato sauce goes great with pasta and is a traditional recipe which has been used over the centuries. It can be made quickly with very few ingredients. You can also add your own touch like chili flakes –if you like the kick!
Here’s two new recipes that you can proudly serve to guests at parties or other occasions.
- 340 g of Perfetto Denti di Cavallo pasta
- 350 g of spicy sausage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups of canned tomatoes, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- ¾ cup cooking cream
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta for 5 minutes then drain, keeping ¼ cup of the pasta water aside.
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet on high heat, then add in the garlic, the chili flakes and powder, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and stir until browned, then add the canned tomatoes and leave on a medium heat for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, pasta water and parsley, and stir.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown, then serve.
- 450 g of Perfetto Conchiglie pasta
- 400 g of sliced mushrooms
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 ½ cups cooking cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Fontina cheese
- ½ cup grated Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tsp. ricotta cheese
- 6 sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp. fresh thyme)
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- In a large skillet on a medium heat, melt 6 tbsp. of butter then add the mushroom slices and ¼ tsp. of salt. Stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the mushrooms, cream, cheese, sage and remaining salt in a large pot. Add in the pasta and stir.
- Pour the mixture into 6-8 ceramic oven dishes.
- Divide the remaining butter to top off the dishes, which you will then place in a preheated oven for 7-10 minutes until browned and the cheese melts.
Visit Perfetto’s website for more delicious recipes such as Lasagna Ring Pasta, cannelloni with goat cheese and ricotta, spaghettini with mushrooms and spinach, baked cannelloni pie or nocciole with chicken and white sauce.
We wish you a great time with your loved ones!