Pasta is one of the delicacies that the family likes, young and old. There is no longer a need to reduce or stay away from eating pasta at a different diet.
There’s a wealth of low-fat recipes you can try such as spinach and low-fat ricotta cheese with Pennettine Rigati Pasta. This has all the flavor of a creamy pasta dish but with a fraction of the calories. The low-fat ricotta cheese is a perfect cream substitute! Pair with a delicious healthy salad with a low-fat dressing for a tasty meal any time of day.
Spinach Ricotta Low Fat Pasta
- 50 g Perfetto Pennettine Rigati Pasta
- ¼ C low-fat milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ C onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250 g fresh baby spinach, chopped roughly
- 30 g fresh basil, chopped
- 1 C low-fat ricotta cheese
- Boil Pasta as written on the pack to al dents.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about five minutes.
- Add spinach and basil and stir until wilted. Then add ricotta cheese and milk and stir well.
- Drain pasta, keeping around a quarter of a cup of the cooking water.
- Combine cooked pasta and ricotta mixture in a large bowl. Thin it down with some of the cooking water if it is too thick and enjoy!
- ½Pack Conchiglie Perfetto Pasta
- 6 Bell pepper, different colors
- 3Tbsp Butter
- 3Tbsp Flour
- ½Tsp Salt
- ¼Tsp dry mustard
- ⅛Tsp Black pepper
- 1½C Light cooking cream
- 1C Cheddar, shredded
- 1Tbsp Tomato sauce
1. Cook Perfetto Conchiglie pasta according to pack instructions.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
3. In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter then add flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard and cook for 1 minute while stirring.
4. Add cooking cream and tomato sauce, mix well.
5. Continue cooking until thickness and smooth.
6. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Add cheese and stir well until it melts and sauce smooth again.
8. Fold in the cooked pasta and stuff the bell peppers with it and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can also prepare many low-fat pasta recipes such as Roasted Tomato Caprese Skewers With Farfalle Past.