Pasta salads are great dishes where creativity runs wild. Just add any ingredients you like and get a colorful, delicious and nutritious dish, thanks to the addition of vegetables.
Here is a great Perfetto pasta salad recipe, made with Perfetto’s low-carb high-protein fusilli, with broccoli and pesto dressing. Enjoyment is guaranteed!
- 350 g Perfetto low-carb high-protein fusilli
- 1/3 cup walnuts, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade and roast the walnuts for 5 minutes, then set aside till cool.
- In a food processor, blend the walnuts, garlic, broccoli, basil leaves, vegetable stock, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice, then start adding the olive oil gradually through the hole in the lid, scraping the sides whenever needed, until you get a smooth pesto.
- Add 2 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese and blend some more.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain it and save ½ cup of pasta water.
- Stir the pasta into the pesto, and add some of the pasta water if the pesto is too thick. Sprinkle some coarse salt.
This is a simple recipe, made with refreshing and nutritious ingredients. Enjoy Perfetto’s low-carb high-protein fusilli before school or work for a boost in energy and activity!
There are many other pasta salad recipes from Perfetto, with many different ingredients. Find them in the following links: Curry Perfetto Pasta Salad, Avemarie Lisce Salad, Farfalle Salad, Penne Lisce Salad.