There are many dessert dishes that could be prepared, however, they could be pretty time consuming and complicated. Therefore, many tend to buy these desserts from the store, instead of trying to prepare them at home. The truth is that some of them could be easily cooked at home, and we will help you do so by using the most unexpected ingredient: pasta.
Many will question this suggestion, as it does sound unorthodox. But pasta is actually extremely versatile, and we will prove it in the recipes listed below.
Choosing the right pasta for desserts
The first step in preparing a sweet dish from pasta is to choose the right kind of pasta. We will list below 2 very simple recipes you’re sure to love! The first is made with Perfetto Vermicelli pasta and Keymar cream, and the second with Perfetto Fettuccini pasta and chocolate.
Recipe 1: Vermicelli Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. of white vinegar
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 125 ml of Keymar cream
- ¼ cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp. of corn starch
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of ground pistachios for garnishing
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and vinegar until the combination is white and fluffy.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Add the Keymar cream and milk and whisk.
- Gradually whisk in the sifted flour, corn starch and baking powder.
- Fry the vermicelli pasta using the butter until golden, and set aside.
- Grease your baking tray with butter and flour.
- Pour in the cake mix and sprinkle the vermicelli to cover the surface of the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk on the cake as soon as you take it out of the oven.
- Garnish with ground pistachios and serve warm.
Recipe 2: Fettuccini with Chocolate and Strawberries
Although it sounds strange, fettuccini pasta makes for a wonderful dessert as shown in the recipe below. Try it and we promise you, it’ll become a favorite in your household!
- 1 pack of Perfetto Fettuccini pasta
- 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Sprinkle of salt
- Berries and white chocolate strands for garnishing
- 1 cup of whipped cream for garnishing
- Chopped hazelnuts for garnishing
- Cook the Perfetto Fettuccini pasta as per the instructions on the pack. Drain it and set it aside.
- To prepare the sauce: Place the heavy cream in a deep pot on medium heat until it boils. Add in the chocolate hazelnut spread and a sprinkle of salt, stirring continuously until combined and creamy.
- Add the pasta to the pot and stir until it gets completely covered with chocolate.
- If the sauce is too thick, use some of the pasta water to make it more fluid.
- Garnish with berries, whipped cream, white chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.