Pasta is something that the kids enjoy all year round and there is a wide variety of ways that pasta can be cooked and served to kids in the form of different dishes. Albeit not all, but majority of kids love cheese and especially, cheesy pasta. It is something that the adults also immensely like. As summer approaches, we recommend a better time to experiment with Perfetto pasta to make some tantalizing dishes that not only your kids, but your friends and family will also enjoy!
Rally up the fussiest eaters and treat them to some irresistibly cheesy pasta dishes that they will enjoy over and over again!
Broccoli Penne and Cheese
Nothing beats the comfort of macaroni and cheese; children worldwide absolutely love this staple pasta dish. we at Perfetto pasta bring you a nice variant of the classic that will make your kids fall in love with macaroni! Not only is it delicious and cheesy, but it also has broccoli that is good for the growing child’s health. So, what are you waiting for, follow our recipe and make it today!
- 300g Perfetto Penne Lisce Pasta
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 600ml milk
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the Perfetto macaroni pasta accordingly to the package instructions. 4 minutes before the end add the broccoli florets to the same pot.
- In another large saucepan or pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add in the flour and stir quickly until well combined. Cook this for 1 minute and then whisk in the milk a little at a time.
- Cook this sauce for 3-4 minutes until it has thickened up. Add the Dijon mustard and cheese and remove from the heat. Keep stirring to avoid forming any lumps.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add it to the pan with the cheese sauce. Mix well and serve immediately.
It will be nice to serve with garlic bread; the kids will love it!
Pizza Pasta Salad
Kids love pizza and they would equally love those flavours in pasta form! What better way to get them to eat their veggies than in a delicious pizza pasta salad with lots of cheese! We bring you a delicious and quick recipe that you can make for your children – and yourself! They are sure to love it this summer!
- 250g Perfetto Eliche Pasta
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g mozzarella cheese
- 100g parmesan balls
- 50g beef pepperoni
- 50g black olives
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half, cut the cheese into small cubes, chop the pepperoni, slice the olives, and finally chop the spring onion.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and mix in the olive oil, white wine vinegar and oregano.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the parmesan cheese, season with pepper and salt and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- Just before serving garnish the salad with the cheese.