One of the characteristics of human beings found across many regions and societies are the preparation of certain foods that will provide warmth and energy to the body. For centuries people have resorted to making and drinking hearty things and bring warmth & comfort in winter; especially in the areas where the winter is cold.
Countries where winter is extremely harsh, people have created and passed down winter recipes in their families. They have shared recipes for food dishes like soups, pies, pasta, and stews.
People have been drinking soup to warm themselves up in winter from hundreds of years. Did you know that the earliest soup dates to 20,000 BC in Xianrendong Cave China where the ancient pottery showed signs of scorch marks that suggest that the pot must have been used to make hot soup?
The broth is a type of soup, and the Italians mix the soup with pasta to create fantastic winter pasta soup recipes to warm themselves in the dead of winter, especially in the regions of Italy where the weather can be chilling to the bones. Italians call this ‘pasta in brodo’, meaning pasta in the soup. It is a popular way of serving and eating pasta during the wintertime. They have been doing this for hundreds of years.
Both pasta and soup are popular dishes to eat during the cold season because they warm you up; merging the two into one dish results in a plethora of flavours coming together to create harmonious combinations that are scrumptious and wholesome. Pasta soup recipes are hearty and give you the comfort & warmth you desire, especially when you are feeling cold! Perfetto brings you mouth-watering recipes that are sure to make you realise that you need to be having more pasta soup. Make the recipes using Perfetto pasta and fall in love.
- 180g Perfetto Nocciole Pasta15g Carrots
- 15g Zucchini
- 15g Long green beans
- 15g Spring onions
- 25g Mashed Tomatoes
- 2 Chicken stock cubes
- to taste Salt and pepper
1. Cook Nocciole according to the package directions.
2. Boil 2 chicken stock cubes in 6 cups of water in a pan.
3. Add to it carrots, zucchini and long green beans.
4. Add mashed tomatoes and spring onions to the rest of the vegetables and leave to simmer.
5. Cook the Nocciole Pasta in the pan for 8-10 minutes alongside the vegetables in the water.
6. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Remove the pan from the hob and serve hot.
Beef and Pesto Creamy Pasta
- 250 g of Perfetto Penne Lisce Pasta
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 300gm beef (fillet is the best), cut into thin strips
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 Broccoli florets, cut into quarters (optional)
- 1/2C Basil pesto
- ½C coconut cream
- Grated Parmesan
- Boil the pasta according to directions on the pack, drain well.
- Heat the oil in a wok or big heavy-bottomed pan on high heat.
- Salt and pepper your beef strips and stir fry the meat and broccoli together until just cooked, but still a bit al dente.
- Remove from the heat, add the pesto and cream and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta and combine until well coated with sauce.
- Serve with a handful of parmesan.
You can also prepare a recipe with other ingredients such as Chicken Alfredo Pasta Soup With Elbow Rigati Pasta and Chicken Pasta Oatmeal Soup.